SEMRT Data Conversion Services
Our extraction process can work with ANY EMR. One advantage to our process is that we use an intermediate database to store the data - and then extract to the various government and vendor formats.
We have experience with a wide range of EMRs (see below). We are able to extract out the data from of all of these EMRs to our Extracted Database - and then output to various formats such as Alberta's COPD, Ontario CMS and other custom formats.
If you have an EMR that we do not currently extract from and you are looking to move to a new vendor - we would be happy to talk with you about how our process can assist you.
To learn more about our extractions from the various EMRs - simply click on one of the EMRs listed below:
EMRs We Deal With:
We have been performing Purkinje data extractions for years. During that time we have developed the most comprehensive extract from their Dossier EMR. We get out more information from the Dossier database then anyone else! We have already dealt with all the technical issues that make getting data out of Purkinje a challenge, such as the encrypted fields and data stored in proprietary formats! If you are having issues getting access to the the data stored in your Purkinje EMR - we have the solution!
The Purkinje EMR is often partnered with other systems - such as RISE in Western Canada and YorkMed in Ontario. Our process can combine the data from both systems into one dataset in our Extracted Database. This means that you will not lose any of your data!
Our extraction process gets the notes from Dossier out as Text - which will save a great deal of space in your new EMR as compared to have the notes as PDFs. Having the notes as Text also allows them to be loaded into your new EMR as a clinical note rather than as an attachment. This is a bigger issue then it seems. If the notes are stored as a PDF attachment in your new EMR - then you will not be able to search for text in them and you will have to keep looking in two separate areas for similar information. As well as getting out all the Text from the clinical notes - we format it very closely to what you are used to seeing in Dossier itself. These are two important differences with our process.
- Notes come out as TEXT - not PDFs (means they can be searchable in your new EMR)
- Text is formatted very closely to what you are used to seeing in Dossier itself
In order to help you move to a new EMR of your choice - TimeAcct has developed an extract from the Nightingale EMR that allows you to move to your new EMR with confidence! No one gets more data out of a Nightingale system then TimeAcct's SEMRT process!
When we extract out the notes from a Nightingale system - we don't just get out the chart notes, but we also reconstruct templates and flowsheets into text chart notes so that you do not lose any of your important data! As well, we get out the full CPP information, dealing with all the hidden data issues.
If you are working in a multi-enterprise (clinic) environment - our extraction will allow you to just extract the data you need! We have the ability to choose to extract just one enterprise (clinic)!
If you are looking to move from a Nightingale EMR - TimeAcct SEMRT process has the solution you will need!
- Full Extract of Templates and Flow Sheets
- Able to deal with the J2K files that other vendors cannot process/display
- Ability to choose which Enterprise you want to extract
- We are able to deal with the tricky data issues such as full selection of medical problems to make sure the full CPP that doctor's rely on is correctly transferred to your new EMR
TimeAcct has worked with both clinics and the vendor to create a complete extract from the Telus MDPSS EMR.
We have created an extract that gets out all the critical data from the MDPSS EMR - including the data from the custom forms. If you are looking for an excellent extract that can be formatted in the latest version of the OntarioMD CMS/CDS format - we can provide the solution. We can even do this for earlier versions of the MDPSS EMR that are not compliant with the latest OntarioMD specification.
- We have an excellent MDPSS extract allowing you to move your data to your new EMR
- Our process works with older versions of MDPSS that are not compliant with the latest OntarioMD specification
In order to help you move to a new EMR of your choice - TimeAcct has developed an extract from the Jonoke Extract that allows you to move to your new EMR with confidence! We deal with all the issues with the Jonoke extract.
There are many issues when migrating from the Jonoke EMR. Data access is just one of them. If you have one of their extracts, the TimeAcct SEMRT process can help you get your data into your New EMR! We have the ability to deal the Rich Text Format files that Letters and Chart Notes are exported in. We can recombine the many image files into one image to avoid clulttering your new EMR with more entries than you expect.
If you are looking to move from Jonoke EMR - the TimeAcct SEMRT process has the solution you will need!
- Deal with badly formed CSV files from Jonoke
- Convert Chart Notes from RTF to plain text - allowing it to be searchable in your new EMR
- Combine the multiple Images exported by Jonoke back into their single image files.
- Extract out all the main data items such as medications, allergies, immunizations, chart notes, attachments, etc.
In order to help you move to a new EMR of your choice - TimeAcct has developed a custom extract from the HealthScreen EMR that allows you to move to your new EMR with confidence!
TimeAcct has a great deal of experience with Health Screen data. When OntarioMD had to deal with issues with Health Screen data, we were the ones they called on to review it.
TimeAcct's SEMRT process deals with the issue of Rich Text in the Health Screen Notes. We correctly strip it out - and provide you with notes that are fully Ontario CMS compliant. At the same time, we deal properly with dates on attachments that may have been altered during system upgrades.
When TimeAcct has extracted your data from the HealthScreen EMR - we are able to provide it to your vendor of choice in a fully compliant CMS 3.02 or 4.0 extract!
- Extensive experience with Health Screen data
- Ability to accurately remove the Rich Text formatting from chart notes and other areas, insuring an easier move to your new EMR
- Deals with various other minor data issues, including incorrect dates on attachment files
In order to help you move to a new EMR of your choice - TimeAcct has developed an extract from the PandP EMR that allows you to move to your new EMR with confidence! No one gets more data out of a PandP system then TimeAcct's SEMRT process!
When we extract out the notes from a PandP system - we don't just get out the Subject, Objective, Assessment and Plan text that the doctor's have entered. We also get out the Follow up text - and we have worked hard to be able to recreate the PandP note as you have become used to seeing it in PandP. We go back and recombine all the Medications, allergies, problems, labs, consults and other entries back into the note - so that you know what has been done during that visit. No one else does this - not even the vendor themselves.
PandP has a custom forms process that allows a user to put data on standard forms and print them. TimeAcct's SEMRT process has extracted that data - and we can recreate the forms as your choice of PDF or JPG files. No one else does this - not even the vendor themselves.
As well - we recombine other data to make sure that you have everything you need from a PandP extract - including Lab dates where we have parsed it from the original electronic lab data, as it is not stored as discreet data in the PandP database.
If you are looking to move from a PandP EMR - TimeAcct SEMRT process has the solution you will need!
- Complete extract of Note data - recombining all the distinct parts into one comprehensive note
- Extract of custom forms into PDF or JPG files
- Extract of all the lab data - including dealing with missing data such as lab dates
Clinicare provides two types of extracts. The first is their older report dump to a text file. This format is not very useful as it is very hard to extract distinct data elements from it. The second format is a series of CSV and TXT files that provide a decent extract of the data in the Clinicare system. We worked with Clinicare when they were creating the second extract and helped define what data was included.
We have performed Clinicare data extractions across Canada from British Columbia to Nova Scotia. We have the experience to ensure your data makes it to your new EMR vendor!
- We worked with Clinicare to help define their export - we know it well
- We are able to transform that data into Ontario's CMS, Alberta's COPD or any other format
We are able to get all the data out of a Practimax database. We do the extraction direct from the actual Practimax database - not an extract provided by the vendor - ensuring that you get the most data out of your current EMR possible.
We have been selected by the Nova Scotia PHIM program to help them with doctors moving from Practimax to the current provincial EMR (Nightingale). We have more experience doing this then anyone else!
We have worked with Nightingale in the past - and have created an extract process that puts the data into the Nightingale custom format.
- We have been selected by the NS PHIM program to assist them.
- We have more experience than anyone else doing these extraction/conversions
- We have a lot of experience move data to the current NS EMR (Nightingale)
No one gets as much data out of a NMS database as we do!! We were the primary architects of the NMS system as well as the Development manager and staff as well as the Product Manager at National Medical Solutions.
1. The chart notes are extracted from the NMS system - combining all available data into one note. The COPD extract from NMS can end up creating multiple notes from encounter. Our extract does not do this.
2. WCB forms - which are not part of the COPD format - are extracted and chart notes are created from the data. This ensures that you do not lose your WCB data.
3. All stats tracking forms are extracted and chart notes are created from the data. This ensures that you do not lose all the information you entered.
4. Pregnancy information (Gravida, Parity, Abortions) can be extracted as a chart note
5. Custom field information and Patient Warnings can be extracted as a chart note so that the information is not lost.
6. Prenatal forms - which are not part of the COPD format - are extracted and chart notes are created from the data. This ensures that you do not lose your Prenatal data.
1. All scans and attachments are extracted
2. All 'Extended' forms are extracted as PDFs (no one else does this - not even NMS)
3. Microsoft Word requisitions are extracted
Why not just use the COPD that is part of the NMS application?
NMS wrote the original COPD extract. We were the development team that created it and know what their COPD extract includes and does not include. TimeAcct gets out more information that just what is 'required' just to pass the VCUR test.
What makes your Extract Better?
There are various elements that make our extract more complete:
- We get out custom fields in the demographics - including patient warnings. We work with the clinic to get out as much as possible of your data.
- We convert WCB forms to notes - so that they are transferred to the new EMR as a note. This means that the information is not lost!
- We extract out custom forms. This includes Word Documents and Defined Forms (as PDFs).
- We extract out Stats Tracking forms - converting the information into a note. This information is also extracted as individual data elements as well - although those are not transferred to the new EMR as part of COPD
We have worked with Wolf Medical over the years - and have a very good relationship with them. Wolf is very interested in helping their customers - even those that are leaving and have provided us with the information necessary to extract out all the data from their EMR.
We have developed a comprehensive extract from Wolf that includes getting the complete Chart Note out as it looks like in Wolf. This means that we recombine other data such as what medications, referrals, allergies, etc that were dealt with during the patient encounter into the extracted note. We also get out WCB and Prenatal information as chart notes, so that is not lost during a standard vendor extract. The issue is that the government transfer formats do not support this information.
- We have a long history in working with Wolf Medical / Telus
- We rebuild the Chart Notes so that they look like what you are used to in Wolf
- We extract out the WCB and Prenatal information as Chart Notes so that you do not lose this vital information
TimeAcct has developed a complete extract from the Clineo EMR.
TimeAcct has worked with clinics to get the data out of the Clineo EMR. We are able to get out all of your critical patient data, including chart notes, attachments - even including Flow Sheets! We are then able to package that data into an Ontario CMS/CDS export that is consumable by any other EMR vendor in Ontario.
- We get out all your critical data, including chart notes, attachments, labs, meds, allergies, problems, etc.
- We are able to extract out the Flow Sheets from Clineo
We have been working with Rise Health Suite conversions for the last few years. We are familiar with the various versions - and how to get the data out of the EMR database in the most efficient manner.
The RISE system stores the EMR Notes as both Text strings and as Word attachments. We get the notes out both as Text strings and as Word documents.
As part of our extraction process - we get out the following information:
- Scheduled Appointments
- Patient Alerts
- Billing Data (read only)
- Third Party Insurers
- Clinic Notes
We have been extracting data out of the YorkMed system for the last few years as part of our Purkinje/YorkMed extraction.
We have a comprehensive YorkMed extract that gets out all the data that you need to move to your new EMR with confidence!
Not only can we help you move your data out of Oscar, we can also help clinics looking to migrate their data into Oscar. We know the Oscar database well enough that we can perform conversions in both directions.